Thursday, March 26, 2009

In Celebration of the Monthiversary...

Well, it's been about a month now. A month ago from this very instant, I was home, or headed home, looking forward to playing some Maple Story, thinking about how absolutely incredible my day had been since I first saw you. I haven't told you this yet, but while you were back at FAU doing your lab, I called my friend David. He's the one that is away in the Navy right now. His phone went right to voicemail; I think he was still going through boot camp. Either way, I left a message, just in case he could turn his phone on at some point to check his messages. It had been a while since him and I had last talked, so I figured I'd catch him up.

I told his voicemail that I was reminded of him because I had been hanging out all day at the mall, something that he loved to do. I told him that I was actually there to meet you, a gal that I had already began to really, really like. I went on to tell him all about you, and then I sort of summed it up by saying that you had girlfriend potential. Little did I know that that spark was about a day away from igniting.

The next day rolled around and we slept in. I called you promptly when I said I would at 12:05, and you were surprised at how on time I was. We dillydallyed on the phone for a while, even though we had agreed not to so that we could see each other sooner. I think I came up with the idea to go see a movie, and you suggested Coraline. I have to be honest with you: I could barely concentrate on that movie. I mean I paid attention, but there was a lot of me trying to interpret your body language too. I wasn't picking up on the "hold my hand" signal because you had your hand up a lot, but I was sensing that you wanted to check me out, so every now and then I would glance over at you just to smile. Finally, something scary happened and I grabbed your hand.

This was the moment that I pretty much knew. Your hand felt so right; I literally did not want to move, for fear that I might somehow shift your comfort zone and you let go of my hand to readjust. I held on for the rest of the movie, and then for most of the walk out to the parking lot afterwards. We played the dillydallying game again while I was on the phone with my cousin, climbing into our cars that had somehow chosen spots right next to one another and peeking from the windows. Neither of us wanted the day to end, so we didn't let it. I decided we should go to the mall, and we did.

The mall walk was even better than before, now that we were holding hands. I discovered how your purse has to be on the opposite side of you in order to properly hold hands and walk. You "I spied" something that wasn't really what you thought you had spied, so I couldn't figure out what it was either (edit: this was really the next weekend, I give you my thanks for the reminder). You left me in an elevator with two women. They thought you dumped me. Silly women.

It was getting late and I remember your mom calling you after we had split up in Macy's. I wanted you to get home, and I wanted you to stay. You told her you'd be home eventually and we just kept hanging out. It was awesome. Then, the mall closed. We found that secret back entrance to the mall, the part where they kept all the pianos. Then, that closed too. You drove me to my car and just when I was beginning to think that the night might have been over, you said we should go to Boomers. So, we went to Boomers.

The whole time we were there, I wanted to kiss you. We sat and trained our horse, I edged closer to you and put our faces together. I let you lead the way and then we started walking backwards because neither of us wanted to lead the way, haha. We must have looked awesome together. I said we should go outside to look at the go-karts, so off we went. We found a nice table to sit at and watch the karts go around, but neither of us really paid attention to the go-karts. I got really, really shy because I wanted to kiss you, but I didn't think that it would have been right right there. We went back inside for a bit, snuck around in the party room area, and then went to the bathroom. Your mom had called again while you were in the bathroom, so I knew it was about time for you to get going.

We went out front and stood outside of your car, talking about something like nothing. Then, the hug came. After the hug was the kiss. The spark was glowing brightly by this point. The rest is history.

At around 11ish tonight (it's 1:57am on the 27th), it will be a full month since that Jet song came on and we became official. I can't say that much has changed since then, besides the fact that my like for you has just been growing more and more since then at a steadily increasing pace. I realized something today (well, yesterday). That something has a bit to do with Ty's basketball shot the other night. Since I'm being vague, I'll just tell you that it makes me really happy and I can't wait to share it with you.

Luna, I'm growing quite fond of you. Sometimes, I like you so much that I get scared and feel really vulnerable because I've never felt this way before, but I'm always reassured knowing that I'm in your hands. You're the first thing I think about when I wake up, the last thing on my mind when I go to sleep, and I'd say over 85% of my thought processes between those periods are spent on you. When you make me smile, I can feel it almost everywhere, like a full-body smile. It really is awesome.

I'd thank you for all of this, but I know these kinds of things come naturally to you. I have a feeling that I've only begun to discover everything that is incredible about you, but I'm already endlessly impressed. Luna, you are the best girlfriend ever. Happy monthiversary!

Like a whole, whole, whole lot,
Craig
(insert long series of various sizes of x's and o's)

No comments:

Post a Comment